Employment » Employment


Anyone interested in becoming a substitute teacher must have at least 60 college credit hours and complete the necessary substitute application above, along with a state-mandated background check and fingerprinting. More information can be obtained at the Board of Education building or by calling 573-783-2570. Those interested may apply at any time during the school year.


Alternate Pathway to Substitution

DESE Certification Process

DESE Checklist for Certification

Substitute App Video

Substitute Documentation

Substitute Training Video

Applicants for admission or employment, students, parents of elementary and secondary students, employees, source of referral and applicants for employment, and all professional organizations that have entered into agreements with the Fredericktown R-1 School District are hereby notified that the Fredericktown R-1 School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in, its programs and activities and provide equal access.

Any person having inquiries concerning the Fredericktown R-1 School District’s compliance with the laws and regulation implementing Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Titles II and III of the American with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) is directed to the applicable Compliance Coordinator below who has been designated by the School District to coordinate District efforts to comply with the laws and regulation implementing Title VI, Title IX, the ADEA, Section 504, and ADA.

The Fredericktown R-1 School District has established grievance procedures for persons unable to resolve problems arising under the statutes above. The Compliance Coordinator for the applicable law, whose name is below, will provide information regarding those procedures upon request. Any person who is unable to resolve a problem or grievance arising under the laws and regulations cited above may contact the Office of Civil Rights, Region VII, 8930 Ward Parkway, Suite 2037, Kansas City, MO 64114; 818-2680550. Contact: Shannon Henson, Assistant Superintendent, 573-783-2570.